Saturday, November 12, 2011

Review: Sigma F86 Synthetic Tapered Kabuki

Sigma recently came out with several new brushes for their Sigmax line, this is a collection of synthetic bristled brushes. I love the F80, F82 and F86 for foundation application, they apply the fullest coverage possible quickly and blend nicely. The great thing about these is they don't shed or smell because they are synthetic, they also don't absorb product like a natural hair brush would, although I do have a hard time washing product out because they are so densely packed (and drying them sucks too). Today's review is the F86 Synthetic Tapered Kabuki. Even though I am in the Sigma Affiliate Program, I did purchase this brush myself, I was curious about it and have been using it for about a month now.

The shape of this brush intrigues me, it's like an egg. The Sigma website describes that this brush is "ideal for using powders and higlighter under the eye and cheek area. The dense precise tip of this brush enhances cheek highlighting and contouring for a flawless application." I had hoped to use this brush for liquid foundation but, I find it's really difficult, I am used to a flat top brush like the F80, a stippling brush or a traditional foundation brush. This brush is far too pointy to use for foundation in my opinion, unless you are just applying foundation to small areas of your face like around the nose and eyes, it's nice for that. I have been using it for contouring and it's great for that since it gets right in the hallow of your cheeks. Several youtubers mention it works well for cream bronzer like the Chanel Soleil De Tan. I also bought the smaller version of this brush, the P86 (review on that later).

To compare this brush to others in my collection, the shape is similar to the Sigma F25 Tapered Face and the Sonia Kashuk Multi-Purpose brush. Although the F86 is much more densely packed. The F25 and Sonia Kashuk work better for powder application because they are fluffy. The F86 is also said to be similar to the Louise Young LY34.

Here are the rest of the Sigma Sigmax brushes that I have, you can tell the baby version of the F86, the P86 is a very cute brush and identical just tiny (the same with the F82 and the P82).

I like having this brush in my collection, however even though I know people use similar brushes for liquid foundation, I don't use the F86 for that purpose, unless I am just using it incorrectly. Do you have the F86, how do you like it?

3 comments:

Stephanie C. said... Best Blogger Tips

I really, really want to try out a few of the new Sigma brushes. The little ones are adorable! I kind of want this one just for fun even though I probably wouldn't use it all that often, LOL.

Eden-Avalon said... Best Blogger Tips

I honestly wouldn't even know HOW to use this brush!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Eden - Just like you would use a traditional foundation brush, but the tip on this is better at getting around the nose, eyes etc.