Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Review: Wet N Wild Lust Color Icon Eyeshadow

This is Part 2 of my Wet N Wild Color Icon eyeshadows review, yesterday I did the "Vanity" palette and today I will review "Lust". Next to neutral browns, my second favourite eyeshadow colours to wear are purples. I have green eyes so purples make them pop, so I had to get this palette.

This palette has everything you need for a purple smoky eye. You have standard Color Icon style of three mattes on the left, and three shimmers on the right.

They apply buttery soft, I find the two lightest shades in this palette are a tad smoother than in the Vanity palette in my opinion. I love the mattes ones in here most of all, although that bottom shimmer shadow is gorgeous too, it swatches more black with purple/red specks however, much like MAC's Beauty Marked would, but that one comes out more black than anything else.

Some comparisons from my own MAC collection here, I love MAC's dark purples and have three here to show you, MAC Sketch, Blackberry and Smut (from the top). You can see there are similarities of these three to that bottom Wet N Wild matte shadow, but I find the Wet N Wild one prettier! Also a weird thing I noticed, some people's 5) 6) shadows are switched, so I am not sure if that is a new or old thing they are doing. Let me know what order yours go in.

And to go over other MAC comparisons in this palette that I found:
1) don't know
2) MAC Fig 1
3) MAC Shadowy Lady
4) MAC Vanilla
5) MAC Knight Divine
6) MAC Beauty Marked

I've also swatched all the comparable MAC and Wet N Wild purples here. You can tell that the MAC has trouble showing up, whereas the WNW is really vibrant and dark. This WNW palette is insanely pigmented, I am really impressed with the quality of these.

Do you own WNW's Lust palette?

14 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Justine!!! Yes! I totally agree with you on many points! I love wearing purples and this palette just has such lovely shades. I really dig the mattes in this palette!!! LOVE it!!!

Leticia said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, color 3 is gorgeous. It reminds me of Shadow Lady.

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

I have 2 mac palettes and are mostly filled with neutrals and I do love purples but have no room for them in my mac palettes therefore try not to buy them but this is a great alternative and alot cheaper! Thanks for the comparisons. I don't own any of them but I might have to pick this one up. Have you tried the trio from Wet n Wild called walking on eggshells, I love it, its so smooth definately reccomend it!

Angela Moscaritolo said... Best Blogger Tips

I have been meaning to get some Wet n Wild shadows because i've been hearing so much good stuff about them. Thanks for the swatches/dupes!

Stephanie C. said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, this is making me want to break this out again! Thanks! :)

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

Isn't the texture of these shadows amazing..so buttery & smooth. Love them, can't wait for the 8 palettes.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

hmmm...lust is one of my fav palette too! The lightest matte shade in this palette is suppose to be a dupe for MAC eyeshadow in "yogurt"...I'm not sure though!

makeupbykatie said... Best Blogger Tips

This look so pretty and pigmented!

Mariana said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi girl! great post! I wanted to buy some of this palettes but I couldn't find out if the palettes are cruelty free... I know that the individual shadows are (it says it in the back) but I didn't see it on the palettes, I know you can peel off the sticker... do you know if it's not tested on animals?? like, does it say it anywhere in the palette??
thanks :)

Ezzy said... Best Blogger Tips

wow what a keeper considering it's so much more pigmented than Mac :D

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Lisa - I don't own walking on eggshells but I did see it in the store and it's lovely.

@Mariana - I will have to check and get back to you.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this palette too! #1 would be a good dupe for MAC's Yogurt.

luckiebeauty said... Best Blogger Tips

The palette look beautiful! So pigmented,can't believe it!
Nice color selection.

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

This is my 2nd favorite WnW palette, I love purples! :) The comparisons are really helpful! ;) x