Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Review: Dior Skin Nude Foundation

Dior Skin Nude is hands down one of the best foundation that I've ever used. I got this last month and have been reaching for it over all my other foundations often. I think I am going crack down and do a bunch of foundation reviews over the next week or so, because I want to throw A LOT of my "failed" foundations away and only be left with what I really like. For me, that will take a lot of time since you all know I am quite the foundation hoarder.

Anyway, back to the review, I love this foundation because 1) it gives natural looking medium coverage 2) gives a lovely glowy finish 3) feels hydrating and comfortable on my skin. Those points are in no particular order, but the feeling good on my skin one is very important to me. I find that foundation application is difficult for me a lot of the time because my skin is SO dry and many drugstore foundation are catered to those with oily/normal skin, they fail to recognize that those with dry skin also need foundation.

I have this in the lightest colour, 010 which I thought was too light at first, but it actually works nicely, its either too warm or too cool. The perfect colour for me. I have the trouble of going too dark with foundations (hello drugstore foundation) because a colour light enough for me just does not exist, which is a shame because I am not that light either. On the back of the bottle, it instructs you to shake the bottle before use, this is actually really important for this product, since it is so thin texture and liquidly, it needs to be mixed well in the bottle for it to work correctly. The foundation has a scent too, a light flowery one that I actually really like.

The packaging on Dior Skin Nude is beautiful, it comes in a luxurious glass bottle with a very nice pump. For me, half the battle in finding a good foundation is one that comes with a pump! All foundations should have a pump damnit. Why do companies keep putting out expensive foundation $40-60 with NO pump just irritates me. I have read that over time, the pump on this stops working however, and it's difficult to get the reminder out, hasn't happened to me yet but I haven't had it long enough either.

My review for this foundation is that it's totally awesome, a glowing review for such a glowing product!

16 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

how much was it?

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Deanne - I got it at Sephora with their $15 off coupon around Christmas, think it came to $37CAD with tax. It's a pricer foundation.

luckiebeauty said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for sharing! Might be interesting for summer time :)

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

Sounds like a beautiful foundation..I am so with you on the pump!

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said... Best Blogger Tips

I always take the time to admire Dior products but rarely purchase! Glad you're enjoying it. :)

Miss ♥ Nikka said... Best Blogger Tips

I got a sample of this foundation at Sephora, used it 4x and Im in love! Im going to buy a bottle!!

MINAKICHU said... Best Blogger Tips

Just from the looks of this glamorous product i know its gonna be awesome and i'd love to get one for myself.

Junerose said... Best Blogger Tips

Yay! I am so glad to hear that you like this foundation. It's one of my faves. Dior products are so nice, but soooo pricey.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

great review! I've dry skin tooo and I use NARS sheer glow...just wondering how does the dior skin nude compares with sheer glow? Is it a long wearing foundation?

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

Junerose - thank you for suggesting it to me! I find higher end foundation tend to work better for me anyway! :)

@vanilla - I find the colour match for me is better with Dior than Sheer Glow since sheer glow (at least gobi is) much more yellow-toned. In terms of coverage, I think Nars has more coverage than dior. As far as long wearing, I don't really have the issue of foundation disappearing on me, seems long-wearing to me, if I had oily skin I may think otherwise.

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

You have saved me so much money and also have made me spend more which is a good thing because your reviews NEVER disappoint me and I have always loved the products I bought from your reccomendations!
Have you tried the Vichy Dermablend? I just bought it because juicytuesday loves it so I wanted to give it a try plus it wasn't too badly priced for a higher end foundation.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Lisa - thank you that is so nice. I haven't tried Vichy Dermablend, I have heard good things though.

for the love of beauty by lara said... Best Blogger Tips

glad to see it has a pump too! i agree with u about it being half the battle

i dont think il be trying out any foundations in a while since i got allergic to chanel :(

but if i hav the guts this is next on my list! ^^

Martina Danielsson said... Best Blogger Tips

I love your blog and your reviews on the elf products :D

Natália Spada said... Best Blogger Tips

Hello, I'm MAC 15-20 and I don't know if I should get this foundation in 010 or 020. I have lots of redness on my face and I'm afraid the 010 it's too pale and won't cover my redness. What do you think? Wich MAC shade are you?

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Natalia - I am NC15. You should probably go with 020.