Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Drugstore and MAC Shopping Time

I ventured out and bought some beauty products today, drugstore and MAC. I was on a mission to find the new Maybelline Fit Me foundation, people have been asking me on twitter, what I thought of it, but I have no opinion because I haven't tried it! Canadians get stuff late a lot of the time. Although the Shoppers Drug Mart flyer has this foundation... no store actually has it, at least not the 4 that I hit up today! So it will be some waiting for that one I think. I loathe waiting around while everyone else gets to try stuff and rave about it.


The two paint pots that I picked up from Cham Pale were terrible in my opinion and went back, I exchanged one for Bare Study paint pot, which I am much happier with. I know I will like this because I had a sample of it before. This paint pot is shimmery too, but not at all to the extent of Chilled On Ice paint pot and it's much more opaque, should of got what I knew was good in the first place.

While I was paying, the MAC girl handed me an invite for the new collection coming out "Wonder Woman". I got this very elaborate animated ad invite, she told me to RSVP right away if I want to be part of the pre-launch party. I don't know, do you guys like anything from this collection? I thought it looked a bit kiddy.


If you've been following my blog you know that I don't have blue eyes (they are green), but this palette from NYX looked gorgeous so I picked it up. The colours are so buttery and pigmented. They had one for blue/green/blue and a smoky one, but this one stood out the most to me, not crazy about the blues, but the others are pretty.

And lastly, I got the Ganier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Creme. I've had my eye on this for a while, and finally got it. I've been using my small jar of Clinique Moisture Surge and this definitely reminds me of it, same texture. I know lotions are more for dry skin, but I actually prefer gels, they go on really nice and feel great on my skin. This stuff is love love love. Have you tried this product? You should, it's fabulous!

21 comments:

Kristie said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thought the Cham Pale paint pots were bad. I love NYX eyeshadows and their prices are so affordable. Great haul and swatches!

25FLNDN said... Best Blogger Tips

I got Vintage Selection - now I'm a little worried that it'll be too chunky!

Also, I love gel moisturisers, but I rarely find any. I remember you had a post about a Neutrogena one that I've been searching for. Don't think they released it in the UK though!

socialitedreams said... Best Blogger Tips

i really love nyx products, they are the best drugstore brand in my opinion. great lip glosses and eye products...so need some palettes by them :)

Vonnie
http://www.socialitedreams.com/

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@H - I just found them too gritty, not what I was expecting. Vintage Selection was not as bad as Chilled On Ice, but since they are expensive, I didn't want to keep something that I wouldn't see myself using.

AmyRoto said... Best Blogger Tips

That NYX palette really does look nice!

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

I so wanted those Cham-Pale paint pots until I swatched them...terrible. Way too shimmery and not opaque at all. Really want to try the Garnier gel!

beautyparler said... Best Blogger Tips

I haven't been using my MAC ChamPale paint pot so no opinions on that (yet). However, the NYX eyeshadows look really nice.

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

Boo at not being able to get Maybelline Fit Me. I was planning on getting it tomorrow (I even have a coupon :( )

I had a sample of that Garnier moisturizer and I really liked. Thanks for reminding me about it, I might pick that up.

Risa said... Best Blogger Tips

I've been wanting to get the MAC paint pot for forever. After looking at ur thought, I need it now. =)

ammwiich said... Best Blogger Tips

Omg Justine, where did you buy that Nyx palette ? I can't find nyx stuff in stores, I don't know why :( I always need to buy online and I hate it haha

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

You're so lucky about the Mac invite, I just saw the new pics of the products on temptalia in the wonderwomen collection and already have my eyes on one of the blushes and msf's~ I just hope the pricing isn't too brain-exploding.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Bailey - I asked Maybelline on their Fb page and they said stores in Canada should have it by Jan 18. What coupon do you have?

@ammwiich - I got the NYX palette at Rexall Pharma Plus in Canada.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the Garnier refreshing gel-creme! It smells so good and feels so refreshing, lol.
I have combination skin that gets really oily about mid-day but it also has really dry patches. I've found this works best as a daytime moisturizer and it is so great under makeup. I have to use something heavier at night though.

Cinnabunnie said... Best Blogger Tips

awesome haul! if i somehow stumble across the fit me collection, i'll let you know ;) the wonder women collection seems kinda interesting but it all depends on the colours!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Cinnabunnie - I asked Maybelline on their FB and they said Canadian stores should have the fit me foundation by Jan 18. If you do find it please let me know! :)

Gaby Fauchon said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm very interested in Ganier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Creme, but I'm afraid it won't be moisturizing enough for my super dry skin )=

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

I have the $4 off any Maybelline face product one that came in the Maybelline booklet thing... Well actually it came separate because the first set had the wrong expiry date.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Bailey - I was just going to message you about that, found them in my mailbox today too, probably a good thing that I hadn't bought it yet, now I can get it for cheaper! :)

wimbly11 said... Best Blogger Tips

I've been using CLinique Moisture Surge as well. I'm out and was going to get some more tonight. But...do you think the Garnier is just as good? Clinique is pricey, buy I don't mind paying when it works. I have pretty dry skin. What do you think?

Candice said... Best Blogger Tips

I just wanted to let you know that I went out and bought the Garnier Gel Cream tonight because of your blog and I am COMPLETELY obsessed!!! Where has this been all my life?

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Mrs.Davis - Isn't it great? I am so happy that I found it. Glad you liked it too :)