Monday, October 25, 2010

Mascara Monday: Prestige My Biggest Lashes

It's Monday Monday Monday! Mascara Monday! Nothing like starting your week with some mascara talk! Today's mascara is Prestige's "My Biggest Lashes" mascara. This mascara promises to give a "big lash effect". Sounds good, we all want big lashes, long and thick ones please! How does this mascara perform? Keep reading to find out.


This mascara can be found in the Prestige section of most drugstores. I got it at Pharma Plus for about $8. The mascara comes in an eye-catching, pretty hot pink tube. The brush is big and full, comparable to Benefit Badgal or Too Faced Lash Injection. It takes some time to get used to these big brushes, but I am finding more and more companies are going this route with mascara lately. It has the traditional wired bristles and has a bit of a perfumed scent, nothing too bad or noticeable. I have this here in the colour "Very Black". The formulation is thick and a bit gloppy. As you can tell the brush collects a lot of product on it.

Bare lashes

And with Prestige My Biggest Lashes

I find this mascara to be really thick and dry, I personally prefer thicker mascaras over runny ones but I find this one a bit hard to work with. It does smudge onto my lower lashes and does leave clumps in between lashes, which are hard to get out (need a lash comb with this one). I think you only need 1-2 coats, it's easy to overdo this one since it's so thick. It does lengthen and volumizes alright. The stuff is hard to take off too, you need a good makeup remover, with most mascaras it just glides off with my Neutrogena makeup remover, but with this one I had to rub rub rub and it irritated my eyes. 

I do like the effect his one gives, it's really dark on my lashes and I need help with that because my lashes are so light on their own. For those with thin lashes I think this mascara may weigh them down, but it does give nice volume and length. I think it performs better than a lot of drugstore mascara and could be in the league of many high-end ones, but for a fraction of the price which is always nice.

Have you tried Prestige's My Biggest Lashes?

19 comments:

Irene Blushing Loves said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the review hun!!It seems like a nice product!!
xxxx

Renay said... Best Blogger Tips

Loving the review posted.
I actually have not tried this product but ive been very curious nice to hear your thoughts :)

Thanks for sharing :)

RenayShanel
...She Speaks of Beauty

kali said... Best Blogger Tips

This is my HG mascara!! I love it. <3

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

thanks for the review! I haven't seen this mascara here yet. I should check it out when it comes in :)

makeupjelena said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review, i may try this mascara! :-)
makeupjelena

AmyRoto said... Best Blogger Tips

I have this mascara, but I haven't opened it yet (torture!) -- I'm waiting until some of my open mascaras run out.

Risa said... Best Blogger Tips

Amazing mascara! I love the effect of it on ur lashes.

xx

Emily Anne said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice fat brushie!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@roamylife - I don't have that problem, I just open them all! bahwhhw :)

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Justine, thank you for following me!

I bought Prestige My Biggest Lashes last Friday to review but you beat me to it! Did you hear Rexall is having a 50% off sale on ALL mascaras? I got this one for $4.75... If you miss it,, I'll make the sale sound horrible: it's like Wal-Mart prices at an expensive drugstore.

I need to use a mascara guard when I apply this mascara or else it's clumptastrophe. I find the formula is too thick and goopy. Bahh I had such high hope for it too :(

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips

Sorry Tracy, I only just checked my blog comments now! I didn't know you managed Canadian Daily Deals too.
I've saved $10 because of CCD! And I got loads of samples too. Thank you!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Ashley - lol hey! Yes I do manage both sites, I love makeup and a great deal too! I think I am going to pass on the rexall sale cause I am all mascara'd out, but it's a good one! :)

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

ps - who's tracy?

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips

Justine, I confused you & myself. I confused you with someone else. I actually don't remember a Tracy now..
I'm all over the place today, forgive me :P

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@ashley - no problemo. ;)

Junerose said... Best Blogger Tips

This mascara is very highly recommended on MUA, but I am glad to actually see your photos to see how it works. I think I'll pass. I am not a fan of clumps...
I did take advantage of the Rexall 50% off sale and got the Revlon Grow Luscious-thanks to your review of it.
It also came with a bonus eyeliner. Score!
I love Canadiandailydeals.com. It often has the deals out before some of the other bigger sites.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Junerose - great find! I may stop by rexall this week and get the l'oreal lash serum and one of those double ended mascara with the serum in there too, I have a save $5 off coupon from l'oreal when you buy mascara + serum. And I love the serum to death and mine is running low.

Junerose said... Best Blogger Tips

Justine, I was looking at those. They are going for $7.50 each on sale, so if you use your coupon, that actually comes out to $5 each! Awesome deal!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Junerose - the mascara or the lash serum? I have to buy both to save $5 however.