Thursday, July 1, 2010

Review: Revlon Skin Matching Makeup

revlon skin matching makeup
Revlon's Beyond Natural Skin Matching Makeup is an awesome product. It claims that it "covers imperfections and evens skin's appearance. Patented ingredients made with innovative micro-color beads adjust to your exact skin tone upon application." Frankly, if this did actually match your skintone perfectly there would be a one colour fits all type deal and not several colours, which this comes in. I think the product is heat-activated, just putting it on your hand won't make it change colour, blending it (applying heat) will make it. Since this foundation came out, companies like Almay have copied the idea of the skin matching scheme and have put out their own foundations and blushes.

revlon skin matching foundationrevlon skin matching foundation
revlon skin matching makeup light vs light medium

This product works as such, you squeeze out some of the product and it's white (as shown in picture above), once you blend it in the liquid changes colour, depending on which one you get, it can be lighter or darker. I bought this for the first time when it first came out about two years ago, I got it in 'light-medium' and never wore it because it was waaay too dark and yellow for me. Then I recently picked up the shade in '210 Light' and it works perfect for me.

The coverage is light, I would classify this more as a tinted moisturizer coverage, which right now is exactly what I want. It's summer, so I don't want anything too thick and my skin has been horribly bad (for me that is a few blemishes on my chin) so I want something that won't agitate it and this foundation is that exactly. What else I like about this product is the squeeze tube packaging, you don't have to worry about wasting product as you can pour out very small amounts if you want.

This retails for $19.99 CAD (for 1 fl oz, or 30 ml) at Walmart, I found it for $15.99 at Zehrs, that is regular price. I think this is pricey, but Revlon is what I think of as the high-end of drugstore so I expect it. There aren't many shades to choose from however, so if you are fairer than me, I would pass cause the lightest is really not that light. If you are looking for something non-greasy, light and to just even out your skin, this may be great for you. You can't really tell you are wearing makeup with this, which is nice, it would be perfect for those girls who hate wearing foundation, cause this doesn't feel like foundation at all. Also it has SPF 15 which is another plus.

Have you tried this?

8 comments:

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

Almay is owned by Revlon, which would explain similar products.

Angel said... Best Blogger Tips

i wanna try it!!! ^__^

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice!! :) I might try it! :)

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@PoorCollegeStudent - Almay is owned by Revlon? I did not know that. Thanks for letting me know ;)

Lisa N. said... Best Blogger Tips

I haven't tried this out yet but I think I might. Great review on it!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review. I might give it a try.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I think I'm between trying this and the active light colorstay foundation:) I need a light foundation for summer! Thanks for the review!

Ismene said... Best Blogger Tips

I haven't tried it yet, but I think I'll try it soon :D.
xoxo