Sunday, June 27, 2010

Review: MAC Petticoat MSF

mac petticoat
Since MAC's Petticoat MSF is being re-released in the "In the Groove" collection coming out next month, I thought I would make a post about this popular, hyped up MSF, in case people are looking swatches and stuff on it. My petticoat is brand new as I just bought it off another beauty blogger recently I haven't used it too much yet, but I am happy to finally have it.

mac petticoat msf
Petticoat is a different kind of MSF (mineralized skin finish), it's a raspberry swirled metallic sheen. I think it's more a blush than a highlighter, as the colour is quite pigmented. MSF's are a really neat product, and probably my favourite items from MAC, as each one is different depending on the amount of veining that it has. This MSF is also neat in that you can build it up and make it dramatic or just apply a touch and get a nice sheen. If you want one that is more a subtle pinky sheen and not as pigmented just swirl your brush in the lighter areas, or pick up a Petticoat with less veining in it. I like getting the ones with lots of veining, if I buy them in person because they just look lovely. I have included a pic below of the variations of colour that you can get with Petticoat.

mac petticoat msf
I totally recommend getting this when it comes out in the new collection next month, it's a MSF that is highly sought after and has been re-promoted several times now, but is not a permanent product. MSFs from MAC are beautiful because they are never chunky and add that something something to your face. I have a ton of bronzers, so having a rosy MSF is perfect for me and this one deserves all the hype that it gets, definitely a "must have".

Do you have petticoat? Or are you planning on picking it up with the new collection?

8 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

*likes this

xAgnes said... Best Blogger Tips

prettttyyy!!
i have very few mac produts, but im thinking of changing it up once that new collection comes out! i have my eye on both petticoat and stereo rose! thanks for posting swatches :D

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@xAgnes - I want to get stereo rose too! It came out previously before my mac-loving time.

sugar sugar said... Best Blogger Tips

This looks lovely! I'm going to check it out when it gets released here. :) Thanks for the swatches.

Lima said... Best Blogger Tips

I've been dying to get hold of this but wasn't sure it would be worth it or if was overhyped. But I will probably be picking it up once it's out again, woo woo! xx

Sophie said... Best Blogger Tips

I have this! The boyfriend got it me for my bday! It's so goreous! :)

X

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

So pretty! Might pick this one up!

Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks so pretty :) I haven't picked up a MAC blush in forever since I have a drugstore HG... but after reading this post, I really, really want to get it hahaha.