Tuesday, June 29, 2010

OPI NOTDs: Feelin Hot Hot Hot, Hot & Spicy, Ate Berries in the Canaries and More

opi feelin hot hot hot, hot and spicy, ate berries, dating a royale, collins ave
I picked up some new OPI nail polishes recently and have included the swatches below. I think these are great for summer, as they are bright and colourful, except for OPI Dating A Royal, which is just a good classic colour that I was missing.

opi feelin hot hot hot
OPI Feelin' Hot Hot Hot is a medium pink creme, almost like a barbie pink. This one was part of the 2009 South Beach collection. I think this is similar to OPI Strawberry Margarita. This one was a bit runny, this is with 2 coats and you can see my nail line still. But the colour is great so I will excuse that.

opi ate berries in the canaries
Ate Berries in the Canaries, love the name! is a cool combination of purple and fuchsia. I think OPI has a lot of colours similar to this one, but I still like it anyway and think it's perfect for summer. This one came out in the Espana collection.  It applied really nicely, perfect with two coats.

opi hot and spicy
Hot and Spicy is basically an orange to me. I know some people call this a coral, others call it creamsicle, which seems more appropriate. But it's orange.. maybe a bit muted orange which makes it less intimidating. It came out with the Hong Kong collection. I passed on it at first, but couldn't help to get it as it's awesome for summer.

opi on collins ave
On Collins Ave is an orangey red. Also came out with the South Beach collection last year. This one didn't photograph too well, it isn't just a straight up red, it has lots of orange in it. I have read that it's similar to Cajun Shrimp.

opi dating a royal
OPI's Dating a Royal is one of those classic colours that everyone should own. This is a deepish royal blue. Now that I think about it, this may work for summer, as it has that nautical feel to it. This one came out Summer 2008 OPI Mod About Brights collection. One coat was just watery, two coats was better. It has that jelly feel, so it can be hard to apply.

Do you have any of these?

6 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

dating a royal is so pretty! it's one i've been meaning to get for a while now.

jooLee said... Best Blogger Tips

love all the shades!

shortwidenails said... Best Blogger Tips

I really like dating a royal..I have so many blues already but this one just seem so vibrant

Jonna said... Best Blogger Tips

Love all the bright polishes! x

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

i really like Ate Berries in the Canaries ! so pretty

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

i have OPI Feelin' Hot Hot Hot.. hehe i picked that because cute name lol :D
nice swatches :D