Saturday, May 15, 2010

Review: Lash Blast VS. Lash Blast Fusion

cover girl lash blash and lash blast fusion
I was so excited to try out the new Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion. We don't even carry this in Canada yet, and I hadn't even known it existed until I saw it on my recent trip to Chicago. I love the original Lash Blast and wanted to see how this new one performs in comparison. Please note, I have the Lash Blast Volume in the waterproof version, I prefer waterproof mascaras as they hold a curl better.

As you all know, Lash Blast (now known as Lash Blast Volume) was the original Lash Blast, in the orange tube, this is lots of people's HG mascara, it was meant to give volume. Lash Blast Length, in the yellow tube came next, it was meant for length. I didn't even pick that one up because of the poor reviews. Now, Lash Blast Fusion, in the purple tube is the newest offering, and it's meant to give volume AND length. Sounds good right? Let me tell you about it.

cover girl lash blast fusion and lash blast volume
Lash Blast Waterproof (in Black) on Left and Lash Blast Fusion (in Black) on Right

The brush on the Lash Blast Fusion is the rubber type that most mascaras have. In the picture above, you can see the two mascara brushes are very similar. I am not sure why but the Lash Blast waterproof is a lot more glossy (which I like), the Fusion isn't very black, more grey looking there. The Lash Blast brush is a touch fatter (wider). The little bristles look identical on each brush. The length of the bristles look similar too, the original Lash Blast seems have to have bristles. So what is different about this new Fusion mascara? Nothing really.

cover girl lash blast and lash blast fusion
Lash Blast on top, Lash Blast Fusion underneath

cover girl lash blast and lash blast fusion
Lash Blast Fusion (Left), Lash Blast Volume (Right)

From the picture above, the Fusion looks like a bit more smoother application, but it might just be because my Lash Blast Volume is quite old so it gets clumpier. However, the regular Lash Blast is  blacker. I should of compared this to both non-waterproof version, but this was all I had and I couldn't find Lash Blast Fusion in waterproof at the store (does it come in waterproof?). Do my lashes look any longer on the left? Nope. Does the Fusion give more volume? Nope.

I paid $9.99 for the Lash Blast Fusion at Walgreens. I was so excited about it, but was left disappointed as the two mascaras are so similar. Would I buy this again? If it was waterproof maybe, but I could go with either the Lash Blast or Lash Blast Fusion since I think they are the same thing, just a marketing ploy to get people to buy it, don't be fooled!

6 comments:

Emmie Wong said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks.. I own the orange mascara and I was gonna even it away but now I'm going to keep it (:
Do you know if it smudges? everything smudges on me ):

Nail Envy said... Best Blogger Tips

@AMY BABY - No smudging on me, but I find the original lash blast gets really crusty on me once it dries after a few hours, and it's a PITA to take off, might just be the waterproof formula. Besides that, I think it's a great mascara, and the fusion is the exact same.

kellyyes said... Best Blogger Tips

ugh i know! i agree with your review. i mean its not a terrible mascara but i was opting for different/better results than the original! oh well i guess we'll just stick with the original huh?

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

i live in canada, and I saw the lash blast fusion in a Cosmo magazine, I have looked everywhere for the fusion mascra and cannot find it. I was really excited to buy it until I saw how there is not much difference lol. When it comes to Canada I will give it try... and the matallic lash blast (the pink one) doesnt have much shimmer in it. they are all pretty much the same

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@kellyyes - You know what's gross? I've had that lash blast since last summer!!! like that tube, I was looking at a review on mua that I did. oh my! I need to keep track of this stuff, that's why it applied so crusty. I think I will stick to the lash blast fusion until I replace it.

@alexibaynes - pink lash blast.. interesting. They just keep coming out with new ones eh? I am intrigued.

Alina Rodriguez said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the original Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara. But I am also very interested in trying the new lash blast fusion as well. Nice review and comparison :)