Friday, May 21, 2010

NYX Single and Trio Eyeshadow Swatches and Review Part 2

NYX Shangri-la
NYX Shangri-la
Pigmentation on these is fine, I just never ever reach for this palette, the colours are too wild. Pass!

NYX Barely There, Champagne and Root Beer
NYX Barely There/Champagne/Root Beer
This is my most used trio, love this one! Great neutral colours and good pigmentation. The champagne in here is especially my favourite.

NYX Platinum Pink Salmon and Jazzy Bronze
NYX Platinum Pink/Salmon/Jazzy Bronze
Another great trio! Awesome pigmentation on these. I use this one a lot too. 

NYX trio swatches

NYX Nude Taupe Dark Brown
NYX Nude/Taupe/Dark Brown
This trio was probably my biggest disappointment. The colour combination is really nice, but the pigmentation on these is weak. They are chalky as well. Pass!

NYX in the woods
NYX In the Woods
I think this trio is a bit newer because the packaging is shiny, and all my other ones are matte. I love this trio as well. The colours are great. The first colour reminds me a lot of the single Iced Mocha shade. Very good pigmentation!

NYX trio swatches

NYX Spring leaf lime green green tea
NYX Spring Leaf/Lime Green/Green Tea
If you like greens, you will like this trio. The pigmentation is pretty alright. I don't wear this often, I admit, it's kinda bright as well, more for summer.

NYX spring leaf, lime green, green tea swatch


So there you have it, all my single and trio shadows. I would also recommend the NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencils if you are planning on ordering, they are great to use as bases underneath these shadows. The trios are also nice cause they are the exact same size as MAC shadows, so you have the often of depoting them out of this packaging and putting them in a full palette. Any questions or comments about anything, please leave a comment!

2 comments:

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

I know this is an old post but wanted to comment anyways. I have been wanting to buy some of these eyeshadows because they carry most of them at Rexall but always hesitant, and now after reading this post I know which ones are good quality and which ones I can pass on. I can't tell you enough how much I love your blog, while I'm reading I glance at the clock and hours have gone by which feels like minutes. You have such awesome reviews and it also helps that you have very similar tastes as me, something I am thinking of buying pops up in a new post its awesome!!

Ann said... Best Blogger Tips

I came across this while searching google images :)

I just wanted to tell you that the NYX eyeshadow Nude is extremely creamy as a single! So you may want to look into the single.