Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Importance of Sunscreen

Warm weather calls for sunscreen, although it's not just summer when you should be wearing it, it's important to wear it year round to prevent early onsets of aging, skin damage and other bad stuff. I am guilty of not wearing sunscreen year-round I admit it. On the weekend, we went out to the beach for fireworks, it was Victoria Day for those in Canada, and I was out all day in the sun. Granted I had an spf 15 face moisturizer and spf 6 in my foundation, but I could still feel my face was a bit hot at the end of the day. What sunscreens do you use? which ones are your favourite? I want one a light feeling one, with no funky smell.

The ones I have currently are:
the body shop spf 15 moisture lotion
The Body Shop Vitamin E SPF 15 Moisture Lotion: "Moisturize and protect your skin from the sun and damaging environmental aggressors with a lightweight, easily-absorbed, SPF lotion." I find this too thick for summer, I should of bought the Vitamin C one (I have it somewhere, but lost it) as it's cooler feeling, or the Aloe one. However, I love the Vitamin E line and thought this would be good.


coppertone nutrishield
Coppertone Nutrishield SPF 70. I bought this last year, gotta check the expiry date to see if it's still good to use. However, I have the body one, instead of the visage and I find this too thick as well. This one is supposed to prevent premature aging waterproof and all that jazz.

 cetaphil daily moisturizer spf 15
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15: This one is nice, I like the pump and it's not too thick. They have an spf 50 one too.

aveeno ultra calming daily moisturizer
Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15: Nice pump on this one too, not crazy about the texture either. I want to try the Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock with SPF 30 for Face (pictured below). Or the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock.

aveeno spf

2 comments:

iRene* said... Best Blogger Tips

The vitamin C has a cooling effect? Hmm, i misplace my aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 and was looking at the body shop for moisturizers. Was the vitamin e moisturizing though it was thick?

Great reviews ;)

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

iRene - ya something about the vitamin C, like having zesty orange spritzed on your face, kinda feels cooling. Maybe cooling was the wrong choice of word, refreshing?

The vitamin e moisturizer is very moisturizing, but for summer, to me, it's too thick. I want one that just glides on and doesn't need to be rubbed in too much, like clinique's DDML.