Sunday, May 16, 2010

I ♥ The Body Shop Body Butters (and Review)

The Body Shop has a nice deal on right now, the more you buy, the more you save. When you buy 1 item you get the 2nd for 50% off, buy 2 get 1 free, buy 3 get 2 free. This sale is on this weekend, but it has been on for some time I believe. My bf was looking for a present for his mom and so we went there, got her 3 items and got me 2 free! I love their body butters, so I picked up the Vitamin E one and a Vitamin E SPF 15 moisture lotion. I thought I would show you guys my body butters, I have racked up a small collection of them throughout the years. They are very moisturizing and smell terrific! They also come in many different scents, some are limited edition too. They retail for $20 CAD, but you get a large amount and The Body Shop has sales all the time. The only one I have re-purchased is the Mango one, which is one of my favourites. I have dry skin, so especially in the winter, these are fabulous. The large containers are 200ml, and the smaller ones are 50ml.

Top to Bottom: Cocoa Butter, Coconut, Strawberry, Mango, Vitamin E, Pomegranate, Rich Plum, Brazil Nut and Shea Butter.

Cocoa Body Butter: "An intensive, creamy all-over body moisturizer. It absorbs into the skin easily, helping to condition, soften and smooth the skin. Once you get over the indulgent tropical scent, slick this on and be transported all over again." The smell is nice, not too strong. Rich and kinda chocolate-y.

Coconut Body Butter: This is very tropical smelling to me, the best smelling one of my collection I think. Straight up coconut smell. I find this one is grittier than the rest, not as smooth, but still really nice. From the website "Drench your skin in a rich, intensive cream with a lush coconut scent that moisturizes for up to 24 hours and made with Community Trade pure organic cold-pressed virgin coconut oil." This one is for all skin types, normal to dry.

Strawberry Body Butter: "An intensive creamy all-over body moisturizer, with a sweet berry fragrance. It contains moisturizing strawberry seed oil and Community Trade shea and cocoa butter." The smell of this one doesn't really appeal to me, it reminds me of strawberry gum or something, but it dies down throughout the day.

Mango Body Butter: I have repurchased this one, it's my favourite of all of them. Apparently this one is the original body butter, according to TBS website. "Pamper your skin with a rich, deliciously mango-scented cream that softens and moisturizes for up to 24 hours," It's targeted to very dry skin. I find this one super moisturizing and I love the smell.

Vitamin E Body Butter: "For divinely soft skin. With nourishing Community Trade Cocoa Butter, this rich and creamy, all-over body moisturizer pampers your skin for up to 24 hours! Vitamin E smoothes skin and protects against environmental aggressors." This smells like soft rose petals, beautiful! I love the entire Vitamin E collection.

Pomegranate Body Butter: This one was limited edition, I bought it two Christmases ago, I don't think it's sold anymore. This smells soft and pretty, but more of a winter scent. 

Rich Plum Body Butter: Also discontinued, I got this last Christmas. The consistency is a lot thinner than the other butters that I have, which I like. And again, more of a winter scent.

Brazil Nut Body Butter: I have a mini of this to try it out. "An intensive, creamy all-over body moisturizer. It absorbs into the skin easily, helping to condition, soften and smooth the skin and prevent dryness. Contains moisturizing Community Trade brazil nut, shea and cocoa butter." This one is more on the thick and greasy side, good for winter. The scent reminds me of sugar coated nuts, and it's quite subtle.

Shea Body Butter: "Treat your skin to non-stop moisturization with a rich, intensive cream featuring the clean scent of shea." This one is targeted towards very dry skin. This one smells kinda sweet to me, not overly strong, just nice, this one is good for everyday use. If you aren't a fan of fruit smells, I would recommend getting this one.

I LOVE these butters because they are smooth, super moisturizing, but never sticky. They will last you forever. I have read that people say they dry up before they finish them, I don't see why that would happen. Keep the lid screwed on tight in a cool place and they will last. If you buy these, pay attention to the skin type it's recommended for, if you have normal skin, some of these may be too thick for you, but they work great for me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

All of The Body Shop's body butters expire 12 months after date of opening. The small pot symbol with 12 M on it means it will last 12 months.