Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Haul from Chicago Trip

So I came back from Chicago yesterday and I thought I would show all the goodies that I got. The trip was made a lot more bearable by my cousin taking us around Chicago. We walked a lot, so much that I got blisters on my feet. But it's all good cause it was a good time. Maybe I'll post some photos of the scenery that I took, Chicago is really nice.

Onto the makeup.. we went to Walgreens, CVS, Ulta, Target, Marshalls.. didn't hit up a CCO unfortunately, but it was fine cause I spend too much money on everything anyway.

Left to Right: Revlon Foundation Brush, Sonia Kashuk Powder, Blush and Mineral Flat Top Brush, Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge, Revlon Colorburst Lipsticks in Soft Nude and Baby Pink, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Makeup, Revlon Lipgloss in Lilac Pastelle, Revlon Spa Concealer, Revlon Colorstay Mousse Foundation, American Apparel Nail Polishes (Peacock, Mount Royal, Dynasty and Office), Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion and Urban Decay Primer Potion XL in Sin.

I had to go to two Targets to get the Sonia Kashuk stuff, their brushes seem really popular, they are pricey for a drugstore brand though. And the blending sponge is cool, I've never seen those here, except Sephora and I don't have one near me, hence why I bought the Urban Decay Primer Potion XL as well.

The Lash Blast Fusion was really neat to see, only one Walgreens had it (we went to a couple), and we definitely don't have it in Canada yet, so that was cool. I think Walgreens is like Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada because it's on like every corner. Same with the Revlon brush and Revlon Colorburst lipsticks, and mousse foundation, we don't carry those.  And I was pleased to see one Lilac Pastelle lipgloss (from the Daydream collection) which was tucked in with the regular lipglosses, I snapped that up pretty fast! :D

We went to an Ulta too, it's kind of like Sephora or the beauty boutique section in Shoppers Drug Mart, there is a section for every brand and sales people standing around ready to help you. The one we went to had an upstairs too and that had drugstore brands and I got the Neutrogena healthy skin there, which I am excited to try out. We don't carry any Neutrogena makeup in Canada.

We have American Apparel in Canada, but not near me, so I picked up some polishes, they were 3 for $15. I got 4 cause I had trouble deciding which ones. I had Metro Chic on and wanted to get the Factory Grey colour and my sister was like... that one looks just like the polish you are wearing and Peacock looks like Suzy Says Feng Shui, if only she knew how many similar colours and dupes I had in my collection! And no, they are not the exact same.

All in all, I am happy with the items I got, I didn't see the L'oreal North Fork dupes anywhere! So I couldn't get them and didn't see the EOS lipglosses either. I will be reviewing these products as I use them. I will swatch the polishes next...

Oh, I also got one Milani nail polish in Pink Rocks, it's a neon colour and hated it so much, it has this weird gradient effect purple by the cuticles and more vibrant pink as it goes along to the nail line... eww and it wasn't cheap either. I should of opted for the Sinful Colors neons, they were only $1.99 at Walgreens...  And I saw a lot of girls wearing neon colours in Chicago, I guess it's "in".

4 comments:

xashleychx said... Best Blogger Tips

Im from chicago. Glad you had fun on your trip up here.

kali said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm so happy you finally got the Lilac Pastelle gloss!! =) Nice haul btw.

Jane said... Best Blogger Tips

Great haul! Lilac Pastelle is amazing. I'm curious for a review on the Neutrogena foundation!

makeupaddict00.blogspot.com

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@xashleychx - definitely a nice city.

@kali - I had to go to the US to pick it up, but I did finally get it! :)

@Jane - I wore the neutrogena today and it's definitely true when they say it's comparable to nars sheer glow, really nice and thin consistency, easy to blend.