Thursday, May 13, 2010

Essie Resort Collection: Bottle Pics, Swatches and Review

Today I received my Essie Resort polishes in the mail so excited! I also got the China Glaze Poolside Collection (swatches coming soon). I got 3/4 polishes, I passed on the tan one cause it didn't seem too unique to me, but the three that I got are squishy and gorgeous! As with all Essie polishes that I have tried, the formulation is incredibly watery and runny. One coat gets you a very thin, virtually no colour coat, the second is a huge difference, and by three it looks great. I have a problem waiting in between coats, so these polishes end up looking thick on me and taking way too long to dry and ruining my manicure. These polishes had the same problems, the colours are great, but they take patience for sure. Resort contains all creme, tropical, fun colours.

Essie Lapis of Luxury (no flash in light)

Essie Lapis of Luxury (with flash in shade)
First up is Lapis of Luxury, this is a soft, light blue with a hit of periwinkle. This is three coats, you can really tell how glossy and squishy looking it in this pic.

Essie Turquoise and Caicos (no flash, in light)

Essie Turquoise and Caicos (with flash, in dark)
Turquoise and Caicos was definitely the standout shade when I first learned of this collection. I didn't get Essie's Greenport, so I was super excited to get this one. It's a soft turquoise colour, I think it's a tad lighter than Greenport. But from swatches that I have seen online, T&C looks prettier. This is three coats as well. I don't know how anyone could not like this colour, it's fabulous! If you could only get one colour from this collection, I recommend this one.

Essie Splash of Grenadine (no flash, in light)
Splash of Grendadine is like a mix of purple and pink. This one applied the best out of the three, this was two coats. I only took one picture of this one because I felt the shot of this was pretty true to life. It's definitely not magenta, which is what it is described as on many blogs, it is much lighter than that.

I love this collection because the colours are soft, yet very bright if that makes sense. The application with these is tricky, watery, runny, which is too bad, but that's just what Essie polishes are from my experience. However, a standout collection and I prefer this 100x over Essie's Art of Spring.

2 comments:

Recalcitrant Nails said... Best Blogger Tips

These are nice lacquers. I know what you mean about the chalky thick look due to needing 3 coats. I learned from manicuremamas blog a trick of using a mannequin hands polish or sheerish/white to reduce the amount of coats to reach no VNS. You can find her post here:
http://www.manicuremommas.com/2010/04/trick-i-learned.html

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Lacquer - thanks for the comment :) I will check it out.