Sunday, May 23, 2010

ELF Cosmetics Must-Have Products (My Faves)

Over time, I have accumulated quite the ELF collection, I have most of their products from the studio line and some of the regular line. Their products retail for $1-$3 or so, so you don't expect the quality to be amazing, but you can be pretty surprised by how great some of the products really are. I will go over today, which products I find to be worth picking up. Of course, makeup is not a "must have" and you not NEED to have any of these products, but if you are interested, they are nice ones to have and want. :)
ELF Powder Brush
1) ELF Powder Brush, which I did a review on yesterday, you can check that out, if you like. In short, this brush is amazing, soft and dense. I have three of these and use them over any brush to apply liquid foundation, it gives you an airbrushed and smooth application.

ELF eyeshadow and blending brushes
2) ELF's eyshadow and blending brushes. This is from the $1 and $3 line. The $1 eyeshadow brush is very popular and for good reason, it packs on the colour well and is very soft. I like the blending eye brush from the $1 line because it is very dense and can be used for crease work or even just all over. The $3 ones are nice too, but I prefer the $1 line in this case, but the sleek black packaging gets me.

ELF concealer and highlighter
3) ELF's Undereye Concealer and Highlighter in Fair (lightest colour). This double-ended product works pretty well. The concealer does not settle into fine lines if applied properly (pat it do not drag it under your eye) and it lasts. It has a nice consistency too, pretty creamy and opaque. The highlighter is okay, I primarily use the concealer end. This is in ELF's studio line, $3.


ELF blush and contouring duo
4) ELF's Blush and Contouring Powder. This had to make the list. I think this was the first product that got me into ELF. Everyone raves about how it is a dupe for NARS Orgasm and Laguna. I do not own either of the NARS products, so I have no idea if that is the case, but this product is nice in any case. The blush is a pinky peach with slight shimmer and the bronzer is a nice warm bronzer that can work on many people. Plus the packaging is great too, large mirror included. This is $3 in the studio line.

ELF Warm Bronzer
5) is the ELF Warm Bronzer. This comes with 4 colours, can be applied separately or all together, I just blend them all together and use it over my blush/bronzer sometimes to give a nice shimmery effect. The golden bronzer from ELF is more shimmery, so I would recommend this one. $3 in the studio line.

6) ELF's Mineral Infused Face Primer, $6 from the studio line. This is a good starter face primer for those just getting into face primers. I have used the monistat anti-chafing, MAC's Prep and Prime, Gosh Velvet touch foundation primer, Smashbox Photo Finish primer, and this one is basically made up of the face stuff, but for a fraction of the price. The packaging is sort of ugly, I won't lie. This works for me, I have dry skin and need a good moisturizer and primer underneath everything, especially in the winter, so primers are needed for me.

ELF Mineral lipsticks
7) Mineral Lipsticks in Natural Nymph and Runway Pink. These are from the mineral line, they sell for $5 each. The natural nymph gives the concealer effect on your lips, so if you like that, this is for you. My lips are pretty pigmented so I like making them look more skin colour, I use this. The lipsticks are totally matte, not very moisturizing, so please use a lipbalm underneath. The runway pink is sort of a nude pink, not really what the website describes, it is nice too. The packaging on these is cute as well.


ELF mineral eyeshadow primer
8) ELF's Mineral Eyeshadow Primer, this is $3 from the Mineral Line. Do not make the mistake and get the $1 one, cause they are not the same, this one is the good one. I will do a complete review later, but, this product is really good and comparable to products like Urban Decay Primer Potion, however you do get a small quantity of this in the tube. I like that it's pigmented so it cancels out some veins on your eyelids and it does hold your eyeshadow in place.

I think I am going to stop here, that's my top 8. These are the products from ELF that I like the best, use the most and can recommend honestly to you guys. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below. Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

Recalcitrant Nails said... Best Blogger Tips

I received one of the ELF blending brushes you have in your picture. Its the brush that's second down from the top. I got it in a swap and I absolutely LOVE it. It blends all of my eye make-up together beautifully after I've gotten it applied. I'm really impressed with ELF's quality and low prices. :)

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

these items are among my favorites from elf! ;) good job!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the lipsticks looks very nice1

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@lacquer - great quality for the price I agree, I was surprised how good they were, since trying them I have several of the same brush cause I use them so frequently.

@stavroula - thank you!

@stylefile - those two colours are my favourite from elf's lipsticks, kinda drying, but nice colours! thanks for the comment!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Great post! I actually just ordered these products. I hope they work as well for me as they do for you!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@ Molly - thanks! I hope you like them! ;)

Hershley's Sweet Kiss said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for sharing!! this helped out alot

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said... Best Blogger Tips

these are some of my favourite products too :) glad i found a fellow elf fanatic