Wednesday, May 26, 2010

American Apparel Nail Polishes: L'Esprit, Butter, Summer Peach, Malibu Green Swatches and Review

american apparel summer colours
I received my American Apparel nail polishes today from the Friends and Family sale. I ordered 4 of the new summer colours: L'Esprit, Butter, Summer Peach and Malibu Green, (pictured above). Also ordered Palm Springs from the regular line, but it was back ordered, so that one should be coming in a few weeks. I really like AA polishes, they are quite runny, which makes for easy application, but they are very opaque, so you only need two coats. The colour selection is great and I like the square bottles, although they take some getting used to for swatch photots. These 4, aside from Maliby Green are pastels, light colours, which I've been buying a lot of lately. And Malibu Green was the standout colour in the new collection, very vibrant and unique.

american apparel l'esprit
 American Apparel L'Esprit: Pale periwinkle creme, 2 coats, basecoat. Judging by other swatches online, I thought this polish was a light blue, it's not, it's purple, at least in my eyes, under different lighting (dim lighting) it could come across as bluer. This swatch is pretty true to life, maybe a bit darker in person. This one is gorgeous.

The colour reminds me of these flowers below

american apparel butter
American Apparel Butter - This is a pastely light creme yellow. This is 2 coats with basecoat. The application was very good for a yellow. I enjoy this one. I chose a picture with no flash because I wanted to show that this shade is not bright at all.

american apparel summer peach
American Apparel Summer Peach - Light peach creme, 2 coats, basecoat. I think this one was the most difficult to apply, but it wasn't a pain at all, just in one coat was quite streaky, with two it was great. Compared to my other peaches like China Glaze Peachykeen and MAC Seasonal Peach, this one is a lot paler, almost flesh tone. I couldn't not get the peach, even though I am pale and I think these look better on tanned skin, I love my peaches. ;)

american apparel malibu green
American Apparel Malibu Green - Vibrant aquamarine, 2 coats, basecoat. I saved the best for last with this one, it was the one that I was anticipating the most and it doesn't let down. From other swatches online, it looks similar to China Glaze Four Leaf Clover, which I didn't pick up. I love this, it's my favourite of the bunch here. It's green, but it has a touch of blue in it, very nice or summer. EDIT: This one is a PITA to take off unfortunately, staining warning!  

What do you think of these polishes? Did you pick up any during the F&F sale?

7 comments:

Lalahoo said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow! nice, I really like the l'espirit.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

ppppreeettttyyy. i am liking summer beach and malibu green.

marti said... Best Blogger Tips

i loooove summer peach and l'esprit! I don't know why i haven't picked any AA polishes up yet.. they look amazing! haul time!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@ marti - definitely get some, they apply great, some of the older ones are nice too.

kellyyes said... Best Blogger Tips

ugh lucky! i want l spirit so bad! but the nearest AA to me is 2 1/2 hrs away and i want to pick three colors i want for $15 instead of paying $6 each. lucky you! i love your choices.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@kellyyes - shipping for online is $8 I think, closest AA to me is about that far too :(

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Those are such pretty shades! I've been wanting a bottle forever because I like the packaging haha