Thursday, April 29, 2010

April Favourites!

April is almost over, so it's time for April favourites. This includes products that I've enjoyed using during this month, and are not limited to products that I've actually purchased this month. This is a fun tag that I see people doing on youtube, so I thought it would be fun to do here too. So onto the faves...


1/ NARS Sheer Glow Foundation: My colour is Gobi. I got it this month and it's quickly becoming my Holy Grail foundation, no others compare. It makes your skin look like skin, applies smooth and lasts all day. I will post a review soon, but I want to use it a bit more before I can really judge how it compares and reacts to my skin.

2/ MAC Viva Glam Gaga: Everyone loves this lipstick including me, it's a pretty bubblegum blue-pink, smells fabulous (as all MAC lipsticks) and is sheer enough to wear anywhere.

3/ MAC Melba: This is the perfect peachy blush, very pigmented, soft and pretty.

4/ Maybelline Turbo boost mascara: I love the brush on this mascara, it's large enough to coat all your lashes with one sweep, I have it in the waterproof and non waterproof version.

5/ Physicians Formula Multi-coloured powder: This is PF's light bronzer, it's silky and works well as a subtle bronzer, I use it as a setting powder over foundation.

6/ Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion: I got this last year, with the 3 piece system, which I am not crazy about. I didn't like this lotion at first, it just smells like corn, but surprisingly I've been reaching for it a lot this month (trying to finish it off) and I like it all over again.

7/ L'oreal Lash Serum: I've been using this on and off for a few months, and I am seeing results! My lashes seem stronger, longer, fuller, less falling out. I will do a complete review soon.

8/ OPI Natural Nail Basecoat: I've never really understood the importance of using a base and top coat on your nails until recently. This base coat helps the polish adhere better to your nails and your polish turns out looking glossy too. Plus less yellow-ing of the nails, which is nice.

9/ Aveeno Positively Ageless Warming Scrub: Love this cleanser. I have dry-ish skin and all defoliators dry it out, except this one. This warms up and cleans my face perfectly. The only problem I have with it is the product dries up around the cap because the heat (I keep it in the shower) makes it harden. Also, the packaging isn't very thick, so once you squeeze some out, the package crumples.

10/ Escada Ocean Lounge Perfume: Forgot to add this in the pic, but this perfume is lovely. A mix of strawberry and lychee, very summery and girly. I got compliments wearing this during a recent salon visit, the girl said it smelled very young. Then we got into a conversation about how different age groups tend to wear different perfumes, some people wear old lady smelling perfume... I think she thought I was a lot younger than I am, I hope my Chanel and YSL is not "old lady smelling". ;)

So that's my top 10 April favourites... what are yours?

6 comments:

Eva said... Best Blogger Tips

the OPI natural is my favorite it has helped tremendously w/ staining :) I <3 my dramatically diff esp during this weather. Oh & Thank you for adding MAC "Melba" to my lemming list i'm always searching for a pretty peachy blush. Great entry!!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

hey Eva - I can do a blush collection post soon (I don't have that many), Melba is my favourite peach blush for sure!

Ashley01 said... Best Blogger Tips

I really wanted to pick up that mac lip stick I wish we had a mac around here so I could actually look at it!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@matheson_ashley - can you order MAC online?

kali said... Best Blogger Tips

Following you too now! I like the NARS Sheer Glow too -unfortunately BOTH colors I ordered online didn't match. I've also gotten samples instore and none match me skin! And how are you liking the lash serum? Was going to try it but waiting for more reviews. I'm scared that it'll work but once I stop using it, my lashes will shrink again.

About to do an April Favorites post to -today or tomorrow. I really love yours. =)

P.S. Linking your Revlon post on the new polishes to an upcoming Revlon post of mine! I love your review as I didn't buy any of the polishes but I did pick up some of the Lustrous glosses from "Daydreamer" which I love!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@kali - could you mix the two colours together? I just chose mine based on what people with my colouring said on makeupalley, there is a foundation matrix on there for lots of foundations, it's really helpful. I don't use the serum as directed, I am just forgetful, you're supposed to use it twice a day to see the results, but I do see some results for sure, takes a bit, but it does work. And I haven't tried any other lash serum type treatments before so this is my first time.

Thanks for you comments!